Don Pumphrey, Jr.
Tallahassee Criminal Defense Lawyer
Don Pumphrey, Jr. is a partner at Pumphrey & Prince, and has been defending those charged with various criminal offenses, including DUI, drug trafficking, domestic violence, assault, battery, theft and murder for over 12 years. Through his experiences as a former law enforcement officer, prosecutor for the State Attorney’s office in Pinellas County, and as a criminal defense attorney with his own private practice, Don Pumphrey, Jr. has extensive trial experience, and is knowledgeable in all aspects of the criminal justice system, from criminal investigation through sentencing.
The former NFL player also participates in a motivational crime prevention program for students, and has various speaking engagements around the state, where he discusses the effects of being charged with a crime.
Extensive Criminal Law Experience
Prior to opening his own criminal defense firm in 1999, Don Pumphrey, Jr. worked as a law enforcement officer, and upon graduation from law school, as an Assistant State Attorney. His knowledge and abilities quickly resulted in a promotion as the lead trial attorney over an entire division for the State Attorney’s office in Pinellas County. After his success as a state prosecutor, Don Pumphrey, Jr. desired to open his own practice in criminal defense, and has defended thousands of clients charged with criminal offenses ever since.
- Former Lead Trial Attorney in Pinellas County
- Assistant State Attorney for the State Attorney’s office in Pinellas County
- Former Law Enforcement Officer
- Former Tampa Bay Buccaneers Player
- National College of DUI Defense on the Harvard University campus
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.), Stetson University College of Law
- Valdosta State University
- State Bar of Florida, 1997
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, 2011
Professional Organizations and Associations
- NORML Legal Committee
- National College for DUI Defense
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- NFL Alumni Association
- Triathalons (view profile at iamtri.com)
- Tri the Rez (2011)
- Red Hills Triathlon (Registered 2012)
- Future 2016 Kona Ironman Competitor